I would like to thank Crystal Ann for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award. I had to do a little research to know what a Liebster Blog Award is, and what a cool way to discover new blogs! Thank you, Crystal, for taking the time to highlight my blog. I feel honored!
For those of you I have nominated, you don’t have to feel obligated to play along. For me, this was reminiscent of the chain letters I would do in junior high school, so I thought it’d be fun to play along — and discover new blogs!
Here are the Rules for the Liebster Blog Award:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers, who have less than 200 followers and link to them.*(*Note – in some places where I have seen the Liebster Blog Award posted, they have stipulated less than 3,000 followers, and I am going with that one).
4. Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
5. Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
The following are my nominees for this award. They share their hearts in their blogs through writing and/or photography regarding their thoughts, dreams, ideas, and more. I think the thing that draws me to them the most is their openness and authenticity. I decided to pair things down a little and nominate 5 blogs and ask 5 questions.
1. Laura Cooper
5. Dodgy Surfer
Questions for the nominees:
1. What made you decide to start blogging?
2. Have you ever had a moment where you felt connected to something greater than yourself? What did that moment entail?
3. What is the number one item on your bucket list?
4. Who is the person who has influenced you the most?
5. What is your favorite story to tell?
Here are the questions Crystal gave me:
1. What is your favorite thing to write about and/or photograph, and why?
I love to write about what I do not yet understand. The process of writing often brings clarity. My favorite thing to photograph is nature — I use my photography to ground myself and capture what I find beautiful in the world. It keeps me connected and open.
2. Tell us about an experience in life that affected you greatly, in a positive way.
It wasn’t a positive experience, but learning to understand the things that happened to me in childhood has affected me greatly. Though my life was shaped by abuse, learning to separate who I am from the things that have happened to me has been a liberating experience that has paved a path to authenticity.
3. What is a goal you have for yourself in the next year?
To expand my circle and bring what I have learned to others in a helpful and healing way.
4. Share with us a person in your life who has been very influential
For me, this person would be Tori Amos. I have been to over 100 of her shows, her music and wisdom has been a guiding force in my life. She was the first person I ever told my whole story to, and that summer night in Knoxville in in 1998, she played 2 songs that I had listened to on repeat for many years at my request. It was the first time I felt “seen” in the totality of my story, and I will never forget the freedom that feeling brought, nor will I ever forget how she held my hand at the very next show and told me that she had played the songs for me.
5. What is a funny/interesting fact about you?
In 1994, I was awarded a trophy for being the third fastest sandwich maker in the southeast. 🙂